The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Gus!


One of Gus's best buds, Paul, brought him a mini light saber and magnetic race cars

Our preschool class-L to R: Paul, Jayden, Gus, Regan, Leo, & Emily

Cupcakes for our preschool friends


Dad & Mom got him a box of KeNex and a two ended light saber to match his birthday cake!




Feb. 8, 2012- Ok, so if you are reading this you can see that I am making an effort once again to get caught up with my blog. My goal is to actually blog special events and happenings as they happen and not three months later. So, I am going to do this one out of order because it's pretty big. At least to me and Gus! Today my sweet little Gus turned five years old! He has been waiting patiently for weeks now for his birthday to come and was not dissappointed. I am doing a home preschool class for Gus with some of the ladies in my ward and we had preschool today at our house. Since he would invite the same kids to a party that are in his class, we incorperated a birthday party into preschool. We did our regular lesson, then made Valentines boxes to be used for next weeks lesson, played a couple of party games, and had cake and ice cream. Gus decided that he wanted to open his presents then so he opened his two sided light saber and his giant box of Kenex and they spent the rest of the time battling with the light sabers. They Joey took us out to lunch for his birthday. He choose to go to Chick-Fil-A and it was delicious! I love that place! Then we came home and did our usual after school things with Max and Carly while Gus played Lego Star Wars (his new favorite game). Then we had spaghetti for dinner (Gus's favorite) and got ready for cake and ice cream. Grandma & grandpa Cooper, Grandma Romes, and the Hardings came over to have cake with us. Of course it had to be a light saber cake! They played with the cousins for an hour or so and then it was time for bed. Grandma Romes brought him a Hot Wheels T-Rex Tower and he and Max suckered me into setting it up for them before bed. So we put it together and played for a few minutes. He said he had a fun birthday and I did too! Happy Birthday Gus! You rock! 

No comments: