The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Race for the Cure
















May 7, 2011- Back when my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, I decided that I would put together a team to honor her in the Race for the Cure. We had about 12 people on our team. Carina plus a few of her neighbors and co-workers. Then me, and some of my neighbors: Candace, Angela, Marion(her mom), and Melissa. Adria also ran it but we never ran into her and I was a slacker and didn't arrange to meet her. I also ran into Lisa Norris who also walks it every year with her mom. My mom, unfortunately for us was not there because she was on her celebratory cancer recovery cruise. She was having a great time without us, but was missed at the race. They had a giant balloon arch at the start line and cheerleader to cheer us on! Then at the finish line there were oranges, water bottles, and a slice of bread from Great Harvest! There are always some very creative team names each year and my favorite was, "The Odd Couple." I took my picture with the sign in honor of my mom, who even though Joey didn't think it was funny, I knew that she would! Next year Ramona will be there for sure! Go Ramona Rocks!

No comments: