The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Monday, November 29, 2010

A third generation Quilter






Nov, 23, 2010--It is no secret that my mom makes beautiful quilts and I have been know to dabble in the nine patches every now and again. Well, I was given the assignment to make a quilt to go along with the country/Christmas theme for our tree for the Festival of Trees. I was basically given several boxes and bags of material and told to have at it. Once I figured out what I was doing I got the top finished and had a tying party with mom and the sisters to help it along. When the day was through I was left to finish it and Carly asked if she could help. My initial response was, "no", then I thought, "what the hey? Maybe you can." So I gave her a yarn needle and showed her what to do, thinking she either would do a few and loose interrest, or not be able to do it and get frustruated and leave. Turns out, not only can she tie a quilt, she's pretty good at it! She even asked to help the next day too. Here are some cute pics of her helping to tie the quilt for grandma Rome's tree.

No comments: