The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

YW New Beginnings


Our ward Young Women had our New Beginnings program last night. This year our YW Presidency decided to spice it up a little. We still had the spiritual theme honoring the importance of Personal Progress, but then we put on a little play/roadshow that was totally fun! Our theme for this year is, "Be strong and of a good courage". We used this scripture to create a Superhero theme. In our play the girls were Value Heroes and the leaders were Supervillians trying to take away the girls strength and values. I was Va Va Va Vice, the mastermind villian behind the whole plot. Lots of fun, then we had cake and ice cream for refreshment. I made the cake to go along with the invitations which had a city night skyline on them. It turned out good. I didn't get any pictures of the skit but I am planning on copying some off of Kathy's facebook when she posts them.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! Great idea to "spice" it up a bit. Great cake too - oh how I miss my Heather masterpieces!

Heidi #1 said...

Very cute! I just wanted you to know i checked it out! Love all the fun posts. Keep it up you DSL lover you!


ingsoug