The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Maple Bars anyone?




In the Cooper family we have birthday dinner once a month on the third Sunday of the month. We celebrate birthday's for everyone that has a birthday in that month. For March, Julie is the only birthday so she got her own dinner. My assignment was to make a dessert.When I asked her what she wanted she said, I don't care. You decide." So I decided that she wanted donuts. I got a breadmaking cookbook from Vonnie a while back and it literally has a recipe for any type of bread you could ever want to make, including three kinds of donuts. I look at those recipes everytime I read that cookbook (yes, I read cookbooks, I know it's wierd) and think I should try them. Well, Sunday was the day! They turned out pretty good and they all got eaten without complaint, at least not to me. So, happy birthday Jules! Have a Maple Bar!

2 comments:

Dera said...

THEY WERE AWESOME!!!!!!

Heidi #1 said...

I too read cookbooks, and always dream of making all the fun recipes. So, Kudos to you for actually doing one. They look great! I love maple bars and you know when my birthday is...hint, hint.


candlyer