The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Great Minds Think Alike






My sister Carina just today posted a story about her boys at their pinewood derby and now I shall do a re-run! Although my son Max is not yet eight years old, Joey really wanted to do a derby car with him. So, over the last week they have been working on the car and day by day Max kinda lost interst in it. He did not see the vision. Well, I am glad to announce that since he got to the gym and saw the track he began to get excited. He was not, however, allowed to race in the official races because he isn't in Cub Scouts yet, but they did let him race in the unofficial races afterwards. After the first time down the track, he was hooked! He and his friend Calvin raced with the other cars, then slowly people started leaving. One by one until they were the only two left racing. The went until they were kicked off the track so they could take it down. He now wants to build a track on the hill in the backyard so that he can have his friends come over to race. So, my first Pinewood Derby, although unofficial, was a smashing success! Carly and Gus even got to push the starter button. Good times!

1 comment:

Choward said...

Sounds like a blast!