The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Little Martin Luther King






Jan. 13, 2011- Max's class has been working on a little play about Rosa Parks, the black woman who was put in jail for refusing to move to the back of the bus. They preformed it about 8 times and it was only about 10 minutes long. He was the judge in his first go around and got to bang the gavel and pronounce that Rosa could go free. Then on the second go around, which I took the pictures at, he was Martin Luther King. He made a fake moustache for the part. He answered the phone from his office when Rosa called him from jail, then hurries over to get her out. He talks to the judge and pays the bail to get Rosa Parks out of jail. I love how he gets so excited about things like this. He smiled at me the whole time and did a great job with his lines.At the end of the play the whole class shouts out together, "I have a dream!" How great it is to be young and to have dreams! Gotta love MLK!

No comments: