The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Friday, June 29, 2012

Adele's Birthday Party


June 23, 2012- Today was Adele's 1st birthday party! Her actual birthday was on the 20th but Candace planned the party for Saturday so everyone could come. She did a swimming party at the Taylorsville pool and then had a BBQ set up at the park across the grass. It was a lot of fun and the kids loved being in the pool! We met at noon and helped set up (twice, due to the wind!). Then took the kids swimming for about an hour while Jared's dad got the grill going. Then we walked over to the park and had hot dogs and burgers for lunch, popsicles, and cake. Then went back over to the pool about 3:30 and swam until after 7pm! I finally made them get out because I was feeling a bit sunburned and was done being in the sun! The Johnson's, Chantel and her kids, and a bunch of the Howard's family were there. Rylie and Ashtyn were our little buddies most of the day! I've said it before, but it's always more fun with a friend! These pictures are of the cake I made for the party. Because it was a water theme Candace wanted a sand castle cake. She made mint chocolate shells and I did the cake. The little cake was just for Adele to dig into. I think it turned out really cute. Happy Birthday Adele-y!

No comments: