The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Princess Book Club




June 2, 2011-One of my very best friends Candace and I put together a book club about 5 or so years ago. Our book club has seen members come and go,gone through several face lifts, and had both poorly attended and overflowing crowds over the years. Each month we take turns choosing a book and then hosting dinner and a discussion amongst the members. This month was Candace's turn and she picked a princess book and decided to have a princess party complete with a big cake, beef wellington, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, roasted potatoes, and we were all invited to dress in our best princess attire! She asked me to make the cake and here is what I came up with! I also made pink crown cake pops! I was also able to go over to her house and help with the food as well. It was, for both of us, our first time attempting beef wellington, and it came out marvelous!

No comments: