The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Grandma Romes Birthday


July 6, 2011- In true dad fashion I got a call on the morning of Mom's birthday saying that she didn't want to do anything big for her birthday, but dad thought maybe I could make a cake and bring it over for cake and ice cream. I suggested that we go to lunch at her favorite Chinese place and I would bring the cake with me...in one and a half hours. Impossible you say!?! This cake is nicknamed the fastest cake ever! I quickly mixed up a funfetti mix and popped it in the oven. While baking and cooling, I made some frosting and colored it. I was also working on cake pops for my friend Candace's baby shower later that day, which I was helping to host so I was working my magic! I quickly assembled, frosted, and decorated it and got the kids in the car and over to the Pearl Express. We had a delightful lunch and the cake went home with mom for later, as Carina and Heidi's families were coming over later. Ta-da! Sometimes I even amaze myself!

No comments: