The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Brother Phil's Cake




June 8, 2011-My friend Mary decided to throw a surprise party for her husband Phil on his 50th birthday. She asked me to make a cake and cake pops for him, but since he's diabetic they had to be sugar free. This is the first time I have attempted a sugar free cake. I researched for the best recipe and then gave it a try. To me it tasted like the sugar substitute, but several of the party goers said it was a pretty good alternative. I think that's the best you're going to get when it has no sugar in it! Tee! Hee! Unfortunately I didn't get to stay for the party. It was a couples party (aka-no kids) and I forgot that until it was too late to get a sitter. So, I delivered the cake, shouted surprise, chatted for a minute, then went home. It's better that way. We drove by around 9:30pm (the party started at 5:30) after taking the kids to play tennis and the party games were still going on! Joey would not have been happy.

No comments: