The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A note to my mom

Just a little update on my mom. She is starting chemotherapy on Tuesday. It will last for 16 weeks. Then, a mastectomy. Then, radiation. I talked to a dear friend in my ward today who also battled breast cancer a few years ago. She said the best thing that I can do for her is to pray for her, support her, and let her know that I love her. So, mom, if you're reading this, I am constantly praying for you (and putting you on the prayer roll!), thinking about you and how you are doing, supporting your decisions and I love you so much. I know that you are strong and that you will make it through this. I know that you will only be stronger when this is all over. I wish that I could do more, that I could fix it, but I know that I can't. If there is ever anything I can do for you, please call me, and I will be calling you. I have several reliable sitters who have offered to take my kids so I can come and see you or help in any way, so please let me. You are so strong and brave and I know that you can beat this. I'm so sorry that you have to face this trial. But know that you are never alone. There are so many people that love you and are there for you. Most importantly, our Heavenly Father. He will comfort you. He will heal you. He will lighten your load, if you will turn to Him and let Him. I love you, mom.

No comments: