The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Sunday, April 18, 2010

To my Grandma...



I was a little surprised when I got the call from my mom on Friday. She called to tell me that my grandma Wilson had passed away that morning. Although my grandma was pretty old and has lived a long life, she was not sick or showing any signs that the time was near for her to pass on(as far as I could tell). She was getting ready for the day, taking a shower. She is living with my aunt Sharron in Arizona, and Sharron called for her to come to breakfast, and called, and she didn't come. Grandma had gotten out of the shower and was getting dressed and collapsed on the bathroom floor. That is where Sharron found her when she went to check on her. I guess it really was her time to go.
The first thing that came to my mind was, I hope she got my birthday card. Her birthday was on March 31st. It's funny that that was my first response. I guess I just wanted her to know that I was thinking of her and that I was able to tell her one last time that I loved her. It was my way of saying good-bye when I wasn't able to actually say it. I will miss my grandma, but I know she is with grandpa and she is happy. I know that I will see her again.
It doesn't seem to matter whether you are expecting death or not, it has a way of making you stop and think about those you love. So, if there is someone out there that you haven't seen for a while, but have been thinking of, find a way to let them know how you feel. You won't regret it and neither will they! Take the time to say how you feel, because you never know when that time will come again.
Thanks, grandma for all the memories. Please know that you are loved and that you will be missed.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Oh, so sad to hear about your grandma passing away. You and your family and in our thoughts and prayers.

elder mcdonough said...

sorry to hear about your grandma. hope all is well

Carina said...

I thought almost the same thing....I wonder if grandma got my pictures of the kids? Funny what comes to mind in situations like these

Heidi #1 said...

That was really nice Hey. Thanks!


ancirs