The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cooper Backpacking Trip


July 30, 2012- Joey decided he wanted to take the kids backpacking again this summer and we invited any of the Cooper's to join us if they wanted. This is the group photo at the base of the hike. He hiked in about a mile and a half then set up camp and just did little hikes around the area. We stayed at Grand Daddy Lake and also jumped in the lake on my birthday for a swim! We were close to the water so the kids spent a lot of time playing in the water and Leo was always wet the whole time we were there. He hiked up a rock mountain. The pictures don't do it justice. It was pretty steep and I was sure a smallish one was going to slide and fall down the mountain. We did make it down okay but I was experiencing anxiety till we were all down safe and sound!
L to R: Cooper, Madi, Kevin, Heather, Leo, Carly, Max,
Gus, Marie, Eric, Joey

Leo's only job was to walk and he was a trooper

Because Joey had to carry Leo, my pack was really heavy
to compensate. About 85 pounds!






The rock mountain we climbed

Playing in the water


My birthday picture! I got freeze dried ice cream for my birthday!

Leo heading home!

No comments: