The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Swiss Days 10K





So, over the last couple of years and last couple of pregnancies, my sister Steph has convinced me of the joys of running. If you would have asked me to go for a jog two years ago, I would have laughed at you and said, "I don't run." I was an avid walker for a long time. Running just brings back horrible memories from basketball practice in high school, running ladders and suicide sprints- yuck! But I can now report that when she told me it was addicting, she was right. Now I love to run and use the time by myself to think and to ponder alone.(Yes, it is also an excuse to get a little alone time too). So far this year I have done three 5K runs (West Jordan, Taylorsville Dayzz, and my stake's 5K they do every year), 2 10K runs (Deseret News/KJZZ marathon, and Swiss Days). And Steph and I are planning my first half-marathon on Halloween-the Provo half. I'll let you know how that goes. These pictures are from the Swiss Days 10K. Joey's brother Robert was so kind to come and cheer us on both before and after the race. He also took these pics for us. One is our sprint to the finish, two is our finish time, three is waiting for a doughnut after finishing the race, and four is the beautiful rainbow that became the backdrop to the finish line! Thanks, Steph for getting me into racing and being my running buddy!

2 comments:

Janae said...

Go you! That is awesome Heather.

Heidi #1 said...

I am still a believer in the line of thinkers who say, " I don't run." But, you look great these days! So, I guess there is a mothod to your madness. Watch out though cause if you surpass me in weight loss I will put creotine in your christmas brownies! JK! Nice work sista love!

nacerse