The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My own kind of geneology



I know that it's the lazy way of doing geneology because I'm not really finding any decendents to add to the family tree but I do consider my scrapbooking to be my own family history. Someday I will be gone and my kids and grandkids can remember what we did and see pictures and read stories about when they were little. One thing that I have managed to do for all of my kids is to get pictures of them as babies with each of the living great-grandparents. When Max was born 6 1/2 years ago he had 7 great-grandparents as all were still living but grandpa Hazen. With Leo there are only three left; grandma Wilson, and the grand Allred's. That just goes to show that things do change in a short time. If I had not gotten their pictures with my children I may not have had the opportunity to have pictures of my grandparents to share. Here are the pics for your enjoyment.

1 comment:

Carina said...

I so agree. Besides taking family temple names to the temple, my scrapbook will be my geneology. Someday, my grandkids will come to my house and look through my books and see the things there parents did just like I love to do with Grand Allreds.