The Cooper Capers

The life and love of me and my family

Monday, February 23, 2009

Surprise! Ready or not, I'm here! Here's the story.






About 3pm on Wednesday Feb. 18th I got a little twinge in my belly and my first thought was, "oooh, that hurt a little..." then, "Oh crap! I have a wedding cake to finish and deliver tomorrow!" I have yet to have a baby more that 2 days early, so I figured taking a job for a wedding cake 9 days before my due date would be fine. I was wrong! I spent the rest of the afternoon paying close attention to those pains to see if they would go away(...they didn't) and frantically filling, frosting, rolling fondant, and doing as much as I could on the cake. We dropped the kids off at Grandma Vonnie's at 8:30pm and went to the hospital. At that time my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and getting harder, but I could still talk between them and walk and all that. I remember the last contraction before we got out of the van starting at 8:54pm. As soon as we got inside the double doors I had a really good one then by the time we got up the stairs, down the hall, and to the receptionist desk, I had five or six in a row. As I stood at the desk checking in, my water broke and that was it. I couldn't move. They wheeled me to a delivery room and about ten minutes later at 9:06pm Leo was born! I can now say that I have given birth naturally, not by my own choice, in fact, the anesthesiologist helped deliver the baby because he was standing at the desk chatting with the nurses when we came in!

2 comments:

elder mcdonough said...

wow a wheelchair just like in the movies. that was fast he was ready and not waiting any more. so did you finish the cake?;) congrats can't wait to see the little guy!!

Brandon and Julie said...

he is a stud. so glad he is here safe as well, can't wait to see him. he just couldn't stand not being out I guess, congratulations